Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first mix with vocals and real drums
Hi all,

This is my first mix I sent to this forum. I found this forum some weeks ago and was amazed about the possibility to load raw tracks and can do some mixes for training and fun! So here Is my first one.

Normally I do my own electronic instrumental music (http://soundcloud.com/photonic-1). So I had no experience till now with mixing real drums and vocals.

Looking forward for your comments!

.mp3    I\'m allright_Photonic-Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.87 MB)

Welcome to the forum! It was just a few months ago when I discovered this forum and I was also amazed and elated to find such a great resource for my own practice and enjoyment. It's cool to see others discovering it also, I think you will find some great stuff here. This was a fun song to work with and has some nice things to arrange. Please take my comments for what they are, first impressions from a relative beginner: On my system it seems to be a little bit cluttered in the middle (nice sounds, but they fight each other sometimes down the center) - maybe play with your panning as see what that opens up. The vocals might do with a little more presence and a little bit broader. I really like your kick sound, and the guitars, and a little more balancing might help things to shine. I remember being really frustrated with the piano in this one, so many close voicings and a relatively muddy recording, so having it buried seems like a good move. Nice job, and I look forward to seeing what you choose to tackle next!
Thank you, Lowstring!
I appreciate your input. It sounds reasonable to me. Keeping the mids free for the different sounds, so that they do not fight eachother, is hard. Tried it with frequency masking, but maybe with too less panorama. I will wait if there will come more replies. Then I will do some fine adjustment to the mix.
Yeah, I still have two more tracks ready. They are the classical "Alexander the adventurer" and the Pop-song "Siren". They will come soon.
That one sounds really clean, I like that a lot !