Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Roads: 'Rat Race' rzmixed
I still could not get the vocal balance correct.... oh well. and the pop was bit tricky to get rid of.

I probably had also over compress the tracks, struggle to get some dynamic into the track.

The drums tracks are original.

Comments are most welcome!

.mp3    RubyRoads RatRace rzmixed.mp3 --  (Download: 10.18 MB)

Hi!

Yeah this is quite the challenge I think.

Good job with the intro, and filtering in the loop. I was kind of expecting a big deep reverb kick boom disappearing off into the background at the 21 sec mark though Big Grin. Nice job with the vocals I think. Really like the background vox at 1:10 and 1:21 too.

It's a real challenge to get the balance right between the vocal/piano/guitar. I think you've given it a fair go though. Yeah, a good effort I feel.

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(12-02-2020, 11:29 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi!

Yeah this is quite the challenge I think.

Good job with the intro, and filtering in the loop. I was kind of expecting a big deep reverb kick boom disappearing off into the background at the 21 sec mark though Big Grin. Nice job with the vocals I think. Really like the background vox at 1:10 and 1:21 too.

It's a real challenge to get the balance right between the vocal/piano/guitar. I think you've given it a fair go though. Yeah, a good effort I feel.

Cheers!

Thanks for listening. Oh that is a great idea!
Hi

Overall it's not bad, I like the energy.

I do, however, feel that the mellontron and piano are too pulled back. They disappear in the busier parts of the song. I know it's a difficult area to manouvre in, because so much happens there. Also, maybe I would have set the loop volume a bit lower.

I think that your overall tone is a bit too the bright side, but of course that is a matter of taste.

Nice job
I have a Polish friend, who is a sound engineer. Oh, and a Czech one too.

#nobodygoeshomehummingthekickdrum
#nosubnoshow
Hi Krabbe,

Thank you for taking time to listen!
Appreciate your inputs! Yeah it does seem too bright. Oh well I guess I will learn to do better next time!

Cheers!

(20-03-2020, 12:18 PM)Krabbe Wrote: Hi

Overall it's not bad, I like the energy.

I do, however, feel that the mellontron and piano are too pulled back. They disappear in the busier parts of the song. I know it's a difficult area to manouvre in, because so much happens there. Also, maybe I would have set the loop volume a bit lower.

I think that your overall tone is a bit too the bright side, but of course that is a matter of taste.

Nice job