Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Humans: 'Electrvm'
For me it was the most amazing mix. I just listened and understood how the song should sound.
Thanks a lot to the author of this song.
Notes:
Mixing Neve

I draw attention to the vocals of a lot of sibilants. in the region of 10-11kHz

Thank you all for listening!

.mp3    DigitalHumans_Electrvm_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 9.16 MB)

Cool! You found the groove in a very nice way. Lost a bit energy at about 1:40 otherwise really enjoyable!
Hey Jungle,

Nice work on the mix! Your work on the vocals worked out nicely. As you noted, the vocals were the toughest part to work with. If you cleaned too much of the low mids, it sounds really scooped and then, but if you don't clear it up enough, the low mids will definitely cover the definition of the voice.

My biggest note is that maybe the filtered background vox singing the lines about happiness may come in too hot, as you have it ping pong panning, and it pops out of the left speaker fairly predominantly.

Really nice work!

Draper
(19-02-2020, 08:11 PM)loweche6 Wrote: Hey Jungle,

Nice work on the mix! Your work on the vocals worked out nicely. As you noted, the vocals were the toughest part to work with. If you cleaned too much of the low mids, it sounds really scooped and then, but if you don't clear it up enough, the low mids will definitely cover the definition of the voice.

My biggest note is that maybe the filtered background vox singing the lines about happiness may come in too hot, as you have it ping pong panning, and it pops out of the left speaker fairly predominantly.

Really nice work!

Draper
Thank you for listening to my mix. And in truth, it seems to me that the mix was not bad. He has development and dynamics.

I agree! There was a lot to pull from, in terms of energy, from the arrangement itself. I enjoyed mixing this song, myself!