Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cur An Long Ag Seol - My first post
Hi guys, this is my interpretation of this beautiful song. I just know that there is site like this, so I can practice mixing. Any comment and critique is much appreciated.

I am using FL studio 20, and use mostly stock plugin

.mp3    Cur An Long Ag Seol (my first post).mp3 --  (Download: 4.97 MB)

Hola compañero de DAW!
A mi parecer
Podria aconsejarte un poco mas de maximizacion en el master
Un poco mas de volumen en la voz
Algo de reeverb corto casi imperceptible para mezclar todos los instrumentos
Saludos, buena mezcla
FL Studio!  This is pretty impressive.  I have always said that good music can be made on a cassette deck with a dynamic mic.  You only really need one of the more feature filled DAWs if you are doing a lot of micro editing.  Things like shifting time elements (tuning sung notes or bad played notes, stretching note that the musician cut short, shifting late or early events).  FL does that but some DAWs make it easier.  The most important mixing tool is your ears and what is being delivered to them.  Can you trust what you hear.  You seem to be on the right track.  Keep up the good work.  Again I am very impressed.  As you grow and get new gear, effects/plugins and software, do not stray to far away from your current monitoring system.  That is the biggest mistake most producer of music make.  Their skills increase but now they are chasing translation from system to system because they brought new monitors or headphones.  Their music sounds good on their system but weird everywhere else.  Like editing color photos on a Black and White monitor.  Also, I am going to listen to it in mixing room and give you a little more precise sonic feed back.  Check out the artist Livingston Taylor and the song "I'm In a Pickle", a very good tonal reference for this song.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSNS7aihH4Y
Hello again,

I gave it a listen in my room and I still like the tonal balance.  I think you can reposition the instruments to give the song more energy.  I have attached a MP3 for anyone who would like to use it to help frame their mix.  It has the Gtr and Mando up front, hard left and right just inside L/R 45 degrees on the Goniometer.  Why I chose this placement?  They play throughout the song and are doing a dance against each other that adds movement.  They have been EQed, compressed and then balanced monitoring in mono.  I EQed them to be detailed without becoming harsh.  Hints, why I like your mix.  They are dry so you can use the reverb you chose for your mix.  The MP3 can be used to work the mix front to back.  The accordion comes in whenever the Lead Vocal drops out so I have put it center in my mix to fill the space when the LV drops.  That leaves the Fiddles, which I am panning left and right in the space just behind and between the LV and Guitar/Mando in my mix.  All of the above instruments are occupying the same frequency range.  Panning is the easiest way to create separation.  Bass and Drum centered in the rear.  Bass occupying the mid bass region and Drum focused in the sub region, felt more than heard.  Hope this helps.  I am sure there are many other ways to map this song so hopefully this sparks some creative thought.  I have a worksheet that I use to map my mixes and can email it to you for visual reference if you are interested.  Hoping to post my mix soon.

.mp3    Gtr and Mando use as starting point to frame mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.19 MB)