Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Hammon: 'The Elephant'
Hello guys.
Dropping my mix version of this cool track.
Very nicely recorded. Let me know what do you think. cheers

.mp3    elephant_mastered_ver16.mp3 --  (Download: 11.22 MB)

The balance within the elements is really fine to me. But the sound especially from the rhythm guitars with the synth is kinda piercing in the upper mids to me. Cheers!
(04-02-2020, 06:12 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: The balance within the elements is really fine to me. But the sound especially from the rhythm guitars with the synth is kinda piercing in the upper mids to me. Cheers!

Thanks Andy for listening. I know, dont now why im so tempted to use transient tools to exaggerate uppper mids. Actually thats my regular problem in many mixes. It's piercing. I try to make it sofeter in second version.
I'm not hearing anything piercing in your guitars. I think they sit well and are a good bed for other elements. Good dynamics. Choruses may need some attention on the vocal content. Other than that I thinks this very good.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks MixinTC for listening.
I felt it was on the edge considering upper mids. I replace the file as I did input subtle changes, fixing a bit overall tonal balance. Thanks.
Lethan:

Your mix balance proportions between the vocals, guitar and bass are great. I wouldn't change anything there. The onlly point i will like to address is the tonality of the drums. I think they will benefit with EQ custs in the 400 Hz area as they sound a little muddy-boxy. Maybe a little transient enhancements will help to bring them more in the track. Thank you for submitting your mix!
Thx Javier for listening.
I will look at drums again (good point), tried to enhance them with some harmonic exciter as they sounded too dark. Gonna check for boxiness too! Thanks.
Yeah, it feels good. Like people have said, the snare is a little boxy
Hey Lethan

Good one! I like it.

Do I hear some clipping/digital like distortion on the guitars in the chorus? Just a bit, is that intentional?. I'm not sure.
There is something weird about the bass, cant say for sure, something "wonky".

In general a good mix! Cheers! Smile
Thnks guys for listening.
Ive made those few small changes you suggested, the balance stayed the same, so i did only replace the file as it's not much to compare to previous version.
Cheers.!