Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First mix in a while..
First go at mixing in a long while... day job has been busy. Hope you like. Cool

.mp3    The Elephant Mastered (online-audio-converter.com).mp3 --  (Download: 11.45 MB)

Sounds good. I'm not sure but is the 1st chorus vocal right heavy? It might just be me. The others feel ok but that might be BgV 2 filling things out. Other than that it feels cool.
very nice mix
(01-02-2020, 02:55 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds good. I'm not sure but is the 1st chorus vocal right heavy? It might just be me. The others feel ok but that might be BgV 2 filling things out. Other than that it feels cool.

I hadn't noticed at the time but now you mention it, they do seem a bit funny. Not sure if I'm still a fan of the hard panned vocals but you're right, the bv2 does seem to even it all out in the other choruses.

Thanks for listening. Smile
(02-02-2020, 02:48 AM)Txory Wrote: very nice mix

Thanks for listening. Smile

Have you had a chance to mix this one yet?
(02-02-2020, 08:05 PM)whiteditto Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 02:55 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds good. I'm not sure but is the 1st chorus vocal right heavy? It might just be me. The others feel ok but that might be BgV 2 filling things out. Other than that it feels cool.
Not sure if I'm still a fan of the hard panned vocals...

Whoa spooky Roy, just saw you type exactly this on another post... Great minds think alike? Tongue
Yeah the hard panned vocals in the chorus feels a bit odd but nothing dramatic. Others than that cool mix. Cheers!
Really solid. Great dynmaics and story telling in your mix. Your panning does not bother me at all. I like the character it adds. Your guitars are spot on and you've used the keys really well too. Vocals are fine too. Well done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Great intro, except for the drums being a little splashy, the guitars and bass, and balances are on point. Vox are overall too low and a bit muddy, B Vox are also too low and a bit too wide since they do carry the chorus and need more presence and depth. More attention to the lead vocal parts and backing vox, and this may be the best mix I have heard so far of this song.
This is pretty good overall! My main things would be:

- Snare is a bit dry
- Chorus lead vocals are way too hard panned left and right. Put them closer in the center
- Take out the harsh breaths in the verse vocals
- Chorus guitars could come up a tad

I don’t have much to complain about here. Good luck!