Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerve9 - PrayForTheRain (Sonic Alchemy Lab mix)
Comments welcome

Cheers
Motomojo

.mp3    Nerve9 - PrayForRain 200130.mp3 --  (Download: 13.78 MB)

Hi Motomojo - thanks for mixing our track ! Some bold choices in there - there was an aspect of the phasor effect I really liked. The hesitation was on the arpeggiated chorus guitar, as the stereo movement felt a little distracting to me.

The bridge part was really cool too - I liked the aesthetic. Perhaps a little less limiting on your mix? I did find it seemed to be a bit heavy on the limiting.

Some minor observations - the high end of the keyboard was competing with the lead vocal in verse 2 for me - would be good to roll some of that off of the keys. Ride cymbal in the verses for me seemed a touch loud as well - poking out of the mix a bit. Lastly - during the guitar solo, the lead guitar felt a little buried next to the other instrumentation - this one may be more of a taste comment.

Thanks again for mixing the track - I appreciated your creative effects work, as it changed up the song a bit for me which was fun !

Cheers

Thomas
(02-02-2020, 09:06 PM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Hi Motomojo - thanks for mixing our track ! Some bold choices in there - there was an aspect of the phasor effect I really liked. The hesitation was on the arpeggiated chorus guitar, as the stereo movement felt a little distracting to me.

The bridge part was really cool too - I liked the aesthetic. Perhaps a little less limiting on your mix? I did find it seemed to be a bit heavy on the limiting.

Some minor observations - the high end of the keyboard was competing with the lead vocal in verse 2 for me - would be good to roll some of that off of the keys. Ride cymbal in the verses for me seemed a touch loud as well - poking out of the mix a bit. Lastly - during the guitar solo, the lead guitar felt a little buried next to the other instrumentation - this one may be more of a taste comment.

Thanks again for mixing the track - I appreciated your creative effects work, as it changed up the song a bit for me which was fun !

Cheers

Thomas

Hey Thomas
Good day sir. I appreciate you taking the time to listen to my mix and comment.
Just an old retired road dog sorting out this digital age way of mixing.

Much fun with this track. Some restraint was in order as you could really go huge with it and lose the vibe.
I was a bit aggressive as is my style but I think I kept it intact. No fun
being cautious.

Thank you for your observations always good to get the artist perspective
on their product and happy most were taste items also I have yet to meet a guitar player that thought there was enough. Ha! just kidding.

Cheers
Motomojo