Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CnocAnTursa - Bannockburn
I tried not to over-EQ this track as I wanted to keep the raw black metal sound.I high passed all the guitars at 80 hz,boosted 0.5db at 2k and cut 0.5 db around 4k.I lowered the volume of the dark mics by a bit compared to the bright mics.

I REALLY compressed the overheads and EQed them so that I could get a bit more of the cymbals,hi-hat and the ride.For the rest of the drum kit, I mostly just adjusted the faders between the 2 snare mics and the sample and I did the same for the kick and the toms as well.

I used a distressor plugin on the vocals to compress it and add in some distortion to bring the vocals out more.And of course added a solid amount of reverb to the vocals as well as the choir and strings.

.mp3    CnocAnTursa_Bannockburn.mp3 --  (Download: 4.43 MB)

My second attempt at this song.I guess you could say its a more "hi-fi" version.This time I kept the vocals in the center,focused the guitars a bit more,made the kick,snare and cymbals more present and also put the strings and synths a bit further back in the mix.

.mp3    CnocAnTursa_Bannockburn_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.1 MB)

(09-03-2020, 01:53 PM)jorhaowei Wrote: My second attempt at this song.I guess you could say its a more "hi-fi" version.This time I kept the vocals in the center,focused the guitars a bit more,made the kick,snare and cymbals more present and also put the strings and synths a bit further back in the mix.
I wasn't quite happy with my original mixes so I decided to redo them. One in a more "modern" style and one version that is more "old school". For the "old school" version, I referenced albums like Transilvanian Hunger and In the Nightside Eclipse.

Let me know which version you prefer and any feedback you might have!

.mp3    CnocAnTursa_Bannockburn_Modern.mp3 --  (Download: 4.43 MB)

.mp3    CnocAnTursa_Bannockburn_OldSch.mp3 --  (Download: 4.43 MB)