Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
My mix..80's way
Digital performer 9
Waves 11

Tell me what do you think..

Max From Milan, Italy

.mp3    Nerve9 pray for the rain_MAX.mp3 --  (Download: 7.82 MB)

Sounds great Max, Nice feel and style. I would like to hear more width from the guitar parts especially through the verses and choruses. When you do bring the guitars out wide the mix works well.
Wow its amazing Max sounds very good awesome.
(17-01-2020, 11:45 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounds great Max, Nice feel and style. I would like to hear more width from the guitar parts especially through the verses and choruses. When you do bring the guitars out wide the mix works well.

Thank you!! I will try.. but i out thats guitar down becouse it sound is so terrible! Anyway.. i will try!
(17-01-2020, 12:22 PM)Yvonne437 Wrote: Wow its amazing Max sounds very good awesome.

Thank you so much!Smile
Yeah man Massimo please share me more max sound like this.
Hi Max - thanks for sharing your mix of our track. There is a lot to like here - it's quite bold with the reverb, but it works and I like it a lot. Being the guitar player, the highlight for me is the delays on the guitar at the outro of the track - really nice. I also like the flange effect you have added to the guitar at the middle section - perhaps a little loud in the mix vs. the intimacy of the vocal part, but I liked it nonetheless.

Lead vocal sounds great to me - I like the overall approach to the bass guitar - my sub is working pretty hard, but perhaps your mix references were tending that way.

The ping of the ride - I found it a little distracting. Either a bit hot in the mix, a bit too compressed, or perhaps some attack removal with a transient designer - not sure of the solution, but it was poking out of the mix for me.

The rhythm guitars could help with the arrival and support of the chorus parts - although I may not go as far to agree with you that they sound terrible, I think you could try running them through an amp sim or some other effect(s) to align them more with what you want to hear.

Thanks again for mixing the track - really nice job Max !

Thomas
ThomasStevenson 
Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the delay .. I mixed the song in the new studio with new listening and therefore surely there are many errors especially on all the low frequencies ... thanks for the advice you gave me. I take this opportunity to congratulate you and the whole band and whoever writes the songs because I find them fantastic! I love "I Can't Leave" great piece! you really deserve to sell records all over the world