Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outa Control StreetLethal Mix
Second track I've mixed from the site.

Great song, had lots of fun with this one. It's far from perfect, so I'd welcome all your constructive criticisms!

Matt

.mp3    Fytakyte - %22Outa Control\' MT master.mp3 --  (Download: 6.41 MB)

Well I really like it. Good balance and energy to me. One thing is the sound and intelligibility of the leadvocal. It's somehow midrangy nasal perhaps you might try a bit more air on the top and see if it works. Cheers
(14-01-2020, 08:43 AM)AndyGallas Wrote: Well I really like it. Good balance and energy to me. One thing is the sound and intelligibility of the leadvocal. It's somehow midrangy nasal perhaps you might try a bit more air on the top and see if it works. Cheers

Yeah thanks the vocal is a bit middy I'll have a tweak. I think my mix is a bit safe, maybe boring even. There's nothing really creative about it. I tend to mix quite dry, I can never get reverb to work for me without ruining everything. Lots of mixes on here are so much wetter than mine including the original reference mix where the kick sounds like its under a bridge or something lol

Re-eq'd the lead vocal, lowered the volume of the tambourine and increased the room reverb, slight improvement hopefully.

.mp3    FytKyt master ver.2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.52 MB)