Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixing and mastering Burning Bridges (-10 Lufs analog and digital)
Hi, this is my take on this track. I used a distressor, an la2a plus some golden age 1073 pres and a dangerous summing mixer plus some antelope fpga fx. What do you think about it?

.mp3    Burning Bridges.mp3 --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

Antelope Discrete 8 SC - Focusrite 18i20 - Kali L6 - Bose 161 - Yamaha dvr s 120 - Klark Teknik kt2a - Teletronix LA2A - Empirical Distressor - Dangerous 2BUS LT - Art Pro VLA II
I can barely hear the cymbals/hihat in the verse/chorus or later in the bridge when the energy level goes up to 10 and beyond. Which is a shame because there are a lot of nice accents/details on the hat/crashes that are vital for the groove and feel.

Maybe it's because everything else is too bright and there isn't enough space for the cymbals/hihat left in the mix?
Well, they were quite low, but I could listen them properly. Anyway, mixed and mastered this track again, this time with higher loudness (approx -4.5 lufs)

.mp3    Burning Bridges master 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

Antelope Discrete 8 SC - Focusrite 18i20 - Kali L6 - Bose 161 - Yamaha dvr s 120 - Klark Teknik kt2a - Teletronix LA2A - Empirical Distressor - Dangerous 2BUS LT - Art Pro VLA II