Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VMGY - Aureus Necrosis mix
Great song!

As a beginner in mixing I had lots of fun with it.

Feel free to provide comments and suggestions for improvements. Smile

.mp3    VMGY_AureusNecrosis_1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.92 MB)

(08-01-2020, 09:50 AM)kdavorin Wrote: Great song!

Hey mate!

Thanks for the compliment, glad you had fun working with it.
First of all, for a beginner, this is a pretty solid mix IMO. The kick and toms lack definition/punch. The rhythm/solo guitars could be a bit louder. In the chorus at the end of the fast scale run, the solo guitar could have used a bit of multiband compression for the low-mid buzz at around 250Hz area (if you have a spectrum analyzer in your MB compressor, then it's easy to spot). You nailed the bridge part with the orchestration, I like it. You did not use volume/panning automations, but it's ok. The snare sound isn't my piece of cake, but it also isn't necessarily bad.
Overall, your mix sounds pretty good mate! Keep up practicing!

Sincerely,
Jules.
(08-01-2020, 10:37 AM)js32shred Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 09:50 AM)kdavorin Wrote: Great song!

Hey mate!

Thanks for the compliment, glad you had fun working with it.
First of all, for a beginner, this is a pretty solid mix IMO. The kick and toms lack definition/punch. The rhythm/solo guitars could be a bit louder. In the chorus at the end of the fast scale run, the solo guitar could have used a bit of multiband compression for the low-mid buzz at around 250Hz area (if you have a spectrum analyzer in your MB compressor, then it's easy to spot). You nailed the bridge part with the orchestration, I like it. You did not use volume/panning automations, but it's ok. The snare sound isn't my piece of cake, but it also isn't necessarily bad.
Overall, your mix sounds pretty good mate! Keep up practicing!

Sincerely,
Jules.

Jules, thank you for your valuable suggestions. I will use them in the future. Anyway, I'm glad that you generally like the mix. Smile
As a beginner i am really surprised you got the tom fills/ overheads panned the correct way. Most newbs pan them left to right. Like they are standing behind the kit. If you listen to the mixes on this thread most peeps got it backwards. You already have a leg on most new engineers. Keep at it bro.