Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodfire - Outer
Great song.Big Grin

Let me know what you think about the mix...

.mp3    Woodfire - Outer.mp3 --  (Download: 8.91 MB)

Great mix, only thing that really takes my attention away from it is the low end punch of the snare. Sometimes it sounds great, other parts of the song it sounds a little too loud and short, like at :33. Maybe automating some more air and length there could help it out. Other parts like 1:28 and towards the end it sounds more fitting. So I think it just needs a little more attention in a few areas.
(09-01-2020, 11:35 PM)Friggy Wrote: Great mix, only thing that really takes my attention away from it is the low end punch of the snare. Sometimes it sounds great, other parts of the song it sounds a little too loud and short, like at :33. Maybe automating some more air and length there could help it out. Other parts like 1:28 and towards the end it sounds more fitting. So I think it just needs a little more attention in a few areas.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

You're right about the snare. I put some more time into it and long story short, I reamped the snare. Meaning I ran the snare track out to a monitor face to face with a snare drum and miced that up to record to another track and then blended the two together to get a brighter sound. The original snare track had only one mic on it so that's what was lacking to cut through. I also added some saturation and a little bit of a sample.
Thanks again. Big Grin

.mp3    Woodfire - Outer Mix II.mp3 --  (Download: 8.91 MB)