Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindy Hip Big Band - The Opener
Ladieeees aaaaand gentlemen!

.mp3    Lindy Hip Big Band - The Opener.mp3 --  (Download: 5.89 MB)

Hey,

seems to me that you have a problem with your reverb setting... there's really too much reverb, and too long so we don't understand the music anymore... Maybe you could use some Eq on the reverb too, it's very bright and sound really artificial...
Sorry the reverb is a real issue for me here so I can't really hear over elements on the mix Sad
(26-04-2020, 06:53 PM)Chewi Wrote: Hey,

seems to me that you have a problem with your reverb setting... there's really too much reverb, and too long so we don't understand the music anymore... Maybe you could use some Eq on the reverb too, it's very bright and sound really artificial...
Sorry the reverb is a real issue for me here so I can't really hear over elements on the mix Sad

Thanks for the reply

Yes, the reverbĀ is rather loud. I think I was going for a big room effect but got carried away.
It might also have something to do with the room I'm mixing in.

A verbless edition is attached

.mp3    Lindy Hip Big Band - The Opener no verb.mp3 --  (Download: 5.89 MB)

ok, well this is clearer... Yeah if you have some problem with your room it doesn't help... not sure what you can do without spending a lot of money in it... I think the best thing you can do easily to help yourself is to control your mix with headphones from time to time...

For this second version, well this time it's a bit dry Wink
More seriously, your piano is very rich, and very up in front. I think this may be a good thing in a smaller ensemble but in this case it take a lot of space and tend to mask over things... Maybe some Eq to affine it's tone and a short verb to make it go backwards just a bit. Right know the piano is bigger than the brass, I don't know if that's a absolute way of doing things but personnally I like BB to sound the over way, with a big ass brass session Smile
The guitar seems to pop out sometimes also... I don't know if you have some compression on it but maybe it needs a little more processing to find it right spot...

The brass session seems to sound well, I think know you just need to had some Verb but with sobriety Wink and this will sound great
Eek! Cat ate the lovely trumpet solo at 0:49! Smile
I'm sure it is just a mistake since you have it in your original edition.