Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Black Crown - Flames (Chuck Moe)
Redid this mix to check my hopefully improved skills since a few years ago. I'd forgotten how noisy these tracks are. This mix required a huge amount of dynamic eq for me anyway. Cheers

.mp3    The Black Crown - Flames(Chuck Moe).mp3 --  (Download: 12.53 MB)

Hi!

Yeah you've definitely dealt with the harshness there. I'm liking the size and width you've got on the guitars too. I do feel that perhaps the low end of the guitars is overpowering the low end of the vocal and also the kick (and bass) a touch too much at times though perhaps? Saying that, you've got quite a satisfying guitar sound going on. I feel the drums could be just a touch louder in the mix against the guitars and vocals too maybe? - Although where they are now is pretty much in line with the modern progressive sound. All minor things though. It's a decent mix (and my ears are probably a bit tired by now too!). Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thanks for the critique . I’ll look at the low end of the guitars again. I did a lot of processing on those and didn’t check the eq afterwards . Cheers