Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Mix
Hello there,
First Post, first public mix.
Just finished a short course about mixing, and here's my result. I've been comparing it with few other, and I have realised that my levels are a bit low although I'm hitting the yellow zone on my master fader.
Your thoughts and comments are the most welcomed,
Thanks a lot,

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_I\'mAlright.mp3 --  (Download: 3.43 MB)

Hi Edmond

Having a quick listen to your first mix and pretty good job
The lead vocal and reverb sounds a little upfront on my monitors . Maybe try a little less compression ,especially on the drums Wink !

Don

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

(14-11-2013, 11:57 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi Edmond

Having a quick listen to your first mix and pretty good job
The lead vocal and reverb sounds a little upfront on my monitors . Maybe try a little less compression ,especially on the drums Wink !

Don

Thanks Don for your feedback, no pun intended Smile
I had a fresh listen to the mix this morning and realized that there was indeed too much reverb on the vocals and backing vocals.
For the compression, I'm still struggling with it. I need a beefy kick drum with a really impressive snare. I'll take your comments into consideration.
Much appreciated!
Well here's another version of the mix. Less reverb and way less compression.
I guess I will be moving to other songs so I would experiment a bit with some other takes and then come back to it, if I see it needs more work.
I don't know if I should mention that I'm not doing any mastering.

.mp3    AngelsInAmplifiers_I\'mAlright01.mp3 --  (Download: 3.44 MB)

(14-11-2013, 03:50 PM)edmond redd Wrote: For the compression, I'm still struggling with it. I need a beefy kick drum with a really impressive snare. I'll take your comments into consideration.
Much appreciated!

Hi Ed, I like how your lead vocal isn't really thin and bright. It's only my opinion but it's the main thing I don't like about a lot of the other mixes of this. Big Grin

Regarding kick and snare sounds and compression, those are the things I liked about the mix I did, if you want to listen to what I did with it.

http://multitrackdiscussion.cambridge-mt...p?tid=3015

Chris
(15-11-2013, 11:41 AM)Chris93 Wrote:
(14-11-2013, 03:50 PM)edmond redd Wrote: For the compression, I'm still struggling with it. I need a beefy kick drum with a really impressive snare. I'll take your comments into consideration.
Much appreciated!

Hi Ed, I like how your lead vocal isn't really thin and bright. It's only my opinion but it's the main thing I don't like about a lot of the other mixes of this. Big Grin

Regarding kick and snare sounds and compression, those are the things I liked about the mix I did, if you want to listen to what I did with it.

http://multitrackdiscussion.cambridge-mt...p?tid=3015

Chris

Just left you a comment there Smile
And if you could check the new version I just uploaded.