Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BROKEN MAN
New to the site and wanted to get some feedback from anyone who listens. I thought I did okay, comments?
Hey Kostas,
The vocal here is a bit lost at the beginning, and then in the chorus it gets pretty harsh. Are you mixing on headphones? I ask because when I started mixing (not too long ago) I only had headphones, and they gave me a pretty skewed picture of the mixes I was doing, especially in the the more sparse parts. As the mix progresses and fills in more your sound gets a little better, so I was wondering what you have to monitor with. Keep working with your EQ, and really step back and hear the balance of everything and all the frequencies when you are mixing, EQing and balancing are so important. There are some good things here, keep mixing! I look forward to hearing more from you!
Hi Lowstring again! Yes I am mixing on headphones. And I do know how listening on monitors can make a difference on instrument imagery and what you said. I really need them but was waiting to see if i could mix on headphones first a wile then as I progressed I could invest on some monitors with good quality. Geez after talking to you now I am considering it. Mixing on headphones can only go so far right?