Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell Me nice - Woven Hollow
1st mix.

.mp3    woven Hollow wav.mp3 --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

Hey Shul,

Thanks for your feedback on my mix earlier.

I'm checking out your mix on my headphones (with and without correction) - (it didn't translate to my room so well - but I already explained (on my thread) that my room has problems! - *but only in the vocals* where the lower mids of the male and female voices clashed a little).

Anyway - on my headphones - the guitar tone for me is perfect - and overall balance really great. The vocal reverb is really nice - and works really well! I strive for that sort of reverb sound on some vocals - but usually it muddies it up for me too much and I tend to back off the reverb rather than try to fix it using EQ - but I like what you've got. What type of reverb have you used on the vocals?

I like what you've done with the vocal oohs - increased the reverb so it's pushed right back behind the main lead.

Overall - big thumbs up from me.

Thanks,
L.
Thanks for the comment LBX. I just used a simple reverb with a long tail and some long decay to make the reverb tail longer. I didn't run the reverb on a bus. I placed the reverb on the vocal track only. This makes it tuck back behind the rest of the things in the mix.
Hey Shul!

I hope everything has been well with you. I really like the feel of your mix! Maybe my biggest offender is that your bass is a touch loud? I love the tone of it, but during the chorus it definitely grabbed my attention away from the vocals. The second chorus maybe feels like it loses a bit of energy? Or maybe there just wasn't as much of a bump as I would expect. It wouldn't take much. Maybe automate up any saturation you may have on your mix during that section, and it may be all it needs.

Super clean, clear, and nicely ambient mix.

Great work!
Draper
Oh I like this mix. I like to overall balance and tone!