Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lament - Friday Night Mix
Hey everyone,
Here is my Friday Night Mix of "Lament". This was a fun and frustrating one to work with. It was great to mix something that wasn't drums/bass/guitars/vocals/keys and it was frustrating for several reasons, the rhythm issues being paramount.
I also had a very odd issue right when I was finishing the mix where the Hurdy Gurdy dropped out suddenly several seconds early, even when registering sound on the meters of the instrument and the bus. I tried clearing automation on all tracks in the route, tried creating new tracks (copying the audio across) and buses, and what finally worked was re-importing the audio into a new track and ditching the old one. It was weird, and I ended up going to bed last night instead of uploading the mix. I figured it out tonight.
Does anyone know what might have happened? It was a very unusual and slightly scary fluke (say you've got a client, and all the sudden PT cuts half their track off and you can't find a way to get it back, and you can't re-track it -- glad I wasn't doing this for work when that happened!).
Anyway, Thanks for listening, and as always: comments/criticisms are encouraged!!

.mp3    Lament 11-9-13.mp3 --  (Download: 3.77 MB)

Beautiful mix! I think it sounds more natural than mine! Yes, the rhythm was a hard issue here to deal with. Eventually I gave it up because it would need a lot of time and I didn't have the knowledge to fix it in some faster way.

I don't know what happened to the track. My computer does strange things sometimes so I'm used to have tracks split in two or tracks that disappear all of a sudden. At least the fx and plugins still remain and I only have to load the track again to the project (which is annoying by the way!!)

mixing since April 2013