Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo - Long Way Home
Hi everyone

First time poster and I have just started learning to mix. this is my first attempt at mixing a song (but don't go easy on me Big Grin) I would really really appreciate any feedback from you much more knowledgeable guys and girls.

many thanks
Faba

.mp3    David Tyo - Long Way Home mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.64 MB)

I took a listen to your mix and it sounds pretty good. Are you happy with it?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for that feedback. Im glad it sounds good to you, that was unexpected. I used your mix as a bit of a reference and felt that your mix was overall much warmer sounding especially the vocals.
Thanks again
(29-11-2019, 11:20 PM)faba42 Wrote: Thanks for that feedback. Im glad it sounds good to you, that was unexpected. I used your mix as a bit of a reference and felt that your mix was overall much warmer sounding especially the vocals.
Thanks again

It is a nice compliment to be used as a reference. I appreciate that. Warmth comes in many dimensions and hues. Experiment with those.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Will do. Thank you. I also thought yours was much cleaner perhaps mine is still a little muddy?
(29-11-2019, 11:38 PM)faba42 Wrote: Will do. Thank you. I also thought yours was much cleaner perhaps mine is still a little muddy?

I wouldn't say muddy but maybe undefined in places.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
ok. thanks. i appreciate that. the tracks are so well recorded perhaps its not mud but like you say they need to be more defined in my mix so that the individual parts can stand out more like in your mix i guess, i think that is what you are saying. It will give it another go soon Big Grin
(30-11-2019, 12:05 AM)faba42 Wrote: ok. thanks. i appreciate that. the tracks are so well recorded perhaps its not mud but like you say they need to be more defined in my mix so that the individual parts can stand out more like in your mix i guess, i think that is what you are saying. It will give it another go soon Big Grin

Yes. Try to develop an image for each instrument and part in a creative sound field. Don't stand on convention, think outside the box and don't rush it.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for sharing that. Will definately take it on board. Take care
2nd try. mix and master Big Grin

.mp3    David Tyo - Long Way Home v2 - master.mp3 --  (Download: 4.64 MB)