Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore
I am brand new to this site, and I'm loving what its all about. This is my mix of the track "Shore". Cool song, and recorded well. Get back to me if your interested in chatting about all thing AUDIO

.mp3    Shore.mp3 --  (Download: 6.85 MB)

Hello

Nice mix.
To me it sounds like snare and kick are little too quiet.
I would also put a db or more to voc. As they aren't locked in the center I think your mix could benefit putting them little louder so listener can focus on those even in unusually place.
During guitar solo guitar isn't the loudest up front? Why is that?
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
I think you might have a pretty good mix here but it sounds like you're squashing the heck out of it with a master bus limiter perhaps? If so, I'd like to hear it without the use of the limiter.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(10-11-2013, 06:44 AM)bmullen Wrote: I think you might have a pretty good mix here but it sounds like you're squashing the heck out of it with a master bus limiter perhaps? If so, I'd like to hear it without the use of the limiter.

I hear what your saying. Thanks for the reply. I did slam the master bus, with two Limiters. I wanted it a bit more modern and different from what I was hearing with everybody else's mix of this track. Good to be different. But I do agree, and will post something a bit more tamed.

.mp3    Shore Mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.88 MB)

Was listening to this on my Auratone 5C and it still sounds like the guitars are being overly compressed almost distorted.
(12-11-2013, 12:02 AM)Mozart Wrote: Was listening to this on my Auratone 5C and it still sounds like the guitars are being overly compressed almost distorted.

Have no compression on the main guitars, only the picking parts. And don't have a lot on them either. The main thing was cutting resonance I didn't like, which probably made the unwanted distortion stick out more. I tried to address some of that, but must have been recorded hot. Have a listen to the original. It seems most people have left the guitars as they are, but to me, I don't think they were recorded to well.