Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
1Hunnid Studios Mixes "Knocked Out"
Here is my mix for "Knocked Out." PLEASE give me feedback! I'm always willing to learn more about mixing. I'm 19 years old and I have a passion for this.

.mp3    Knocked Out Draft 1.mp3 --  (Download: 10.09 MB)

nice mix, very well
this mix is unbalanced in its frequency spectrum. everything is in your face and the top end is too much leaving the vocals essy and over bearing. you need to make more space throughout the record while still keeping the energy you have. good attempt
(22-11-2019, 11:40 PM)1Hunnid Studios Wrote: Here is my mix for "Knocked Out." PLEASE give me feedback! I'm always willing to learn more about mixing. I'm 19 years old and I have a passion for this.
I really like it.

What you did to the sub kick is nice. I do not know how it reacts in a car with the low end but on my system here you managed to get a very appealing result with it. I struggled with it. 

In my opinion the mix good squasched (is this an english word) with master bus compression in a weird way.

Intro and chorus vocals are hard to deal with in those project files, and thats still audible. 

But i like the general mix. The female vocal reverb is a bit much for my taste but other than that the fx department sounded well placed. Seems like you did some creative pitch correction thats interesting.

The i aint giving up part in the chorus had a weird phase thing going on. You also got around that well. 

Automation of faders whith the parts where vocal lines are running at the same time could have been done more in some places of the track.