Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Color me Red - Kind of Blues Mix
It's a catchy tune, but...... I had to add another instrument track to make it a little more interesting ( at least for me, since I got to use the record button)

So, ... for your consideration: the " Kind of Blues" mix.

Thank you kindly & enjoy

.mp3    ColorMeRed-KindOfBluesMix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.89 MB)

Very high energy mix! The addition of the ... uh ... "Mundharmonika" is very nice and works. Sometimes it is a little much though (the first tone in the intro is too long for me, for example)
The boomy sustain-heavy toms are also great, drums felt like a "steam-train rolling through the landscape" really fitting the tune. Great!

Overall your concept and execution of this mix is on an exceptional level. Awesome mix!
(21-12-2019, 10:23 PM)LukasL Wrote: Very high energy mix! The addition of the ... uh ... "Mundharmonika" is very nice and works. Sometimes it is a little much though (the first tone in the intro is too long for me, for example)
The boomy sustain-heavy toms are also great, drums felt like a "steam-train rolling through the landscape" really fitting the tune. Great!

Overall your concept and execution of this mix is on an exceptional level. Awesome mix!

Thank you for your comment and I do agree with you.

But let me explain a few things here:

The idea behind the mix was to sound like you would hear a live performance in a small venue, and from that perspective I think the mix could work.

The Intro: it has to be simple and go to the last beat on that bar ( if you make it short or use a different phrase it will not work)

It sounds like the bluesharp is running out of breath any second, and when it does ...then you already into the song itself.

So it is there that way to get your attention!!! - that is all it should be doing.

anyways that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Thanks again