Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thelvnguage: 'Kings And Queens'_mix Tommy Marcinek
AngelAngelAngel

This was interesting. Drum tracks....basically just 3 of them (and a created tom track that they created....so 4 tracks basically). Mono overhead, kick, and snare. Hmmmmm. What to do? It was fun doing this and I got a good drum sound working with just those tracks and did NOT use any sound-replacing like Drumagog or anything like that....just plugins such as eq, compression, gating, stereo tools, reverb, additive tonal elements, etc. It's so cool NOT having to sound replace anymore except only in extreme circumstances because it never sounds natural.

Anyway, because I spent a lot of time on the drums and bass (some timing issues with the drums themselves and with the bass.....in others words, it needed some heavy tightening up in places, etc.), I didn't spend as much time on everything else, but it's a good mix overall. I will probably go back into this mix and really spend a lot of time of the lead vocals.....they need some work.....distortion in some parts, etc.......can fix all that but it takes time.

Hope ya'll like it.

Tom

.mp3    K&Q_4M.mp3 --  (Download: 8.58 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek