Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finlay: 'Same Kind Of Life' kapu mix
song was nice. ^_^

.mp3    Finlay_ Same Kind Of Life kapu mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

Sounds big. Nothing to complain about from my ears. Maybe the vocal gets pushed out of focus as the song gets bigger in the last chorus. But i'm nit picking.
Awesome mix - I don't feel that the choruses take off enough, the get quite cramped and feel quite squashed. Love the fx and everything else
I think this is a really great start Kapu.

Your only challenge is getting the vocal present, clear, and tonal. Your vocal is actually loud enough, that's not the issue. It's just that there's no real tone to it, which means it sounds shrill and telephone-ish if that makes sense.
One thing that I did that may help (a little secret to my mix) is that I separated the chorus and verse into separate channels, that way you have better control over what the vocal is doing in the verse, and then different processing for the chorus. The reason I did this is because his voice is low and rumbling in the verses and high and loud for the choruses - two completely different vocal styles - so they should be separated and treated differently.

Hope this helps!
~
Other Mixes
(18-11-2019, 04:54 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds big. [...]

thanks for listening! used huge spaces with valhalla vintageverb. ^_^
(18-11-2019, 09:58 PM)kapu Wrote:
(18-11-2019, 04:54 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds big. [...]

thanks for listening! used huge spaces with valhalla vintageverb. ^_^

To be fair, it's not the 'space' but just the overall tone. It's hard to describe. A mix can sound big totally dry.
(18-11-2019, 10:01 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: To be fair, [...]

agreed. ^_^
(18-11-2019, 10:49 AM)lm425 Wrote: Awesome mix - I [...]

thanks! its a static mix, so some automation could probably do the trick. ^_^
(18-11-2019, 01:00 PM)Quathamer Wrote: I think this [...]

thanks for listening and advise! mixed this with school laptop and noise cancelling bluetooth headphones. listened with better headphones and speakers, and the vocals indeed have some telephone qualities to them. but im not sure i have the energy improve this. ^_^
(19-11-2019, 02:43 PM)kapu Wrote:
(18-11-2019, 01:00 PM)Quathamer Wrote: I think this [...]

thanks for listening and advise! mixed this with school laptop and noise cancelling bluetooth headphones. listened with better headphones and speakers, and the vocals indeed have some telephone qualities to them. but im not sure i have the energy improve this. ^_^

Well, for a school laptop and headphones, you did a bloody good job.
~
Other Mixes