Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruising the Ice Flymix

In the many years that I have an engineer, I always wanted to mix a Track like this and remember the sound of the tracks of Mike Oldfield that marked my adolescence.
I think besides the Eq, Revs, and EFXs, is my feeling in this track.

Hope you like it.

From Argentina

Sergio

.mp3    Cruising Ice.mp3 --  (Download: 8.01 MB)

Thats a beautiful mix. Dreamy, bright but not sharp and levels are great in headphones.

I wonder if you could and should use the verb trick i mentioned on strings for this one, or if it would ruin your fine tone on this one. The strings sound like samples and I fond it often is a good camouflage puttin stringsamples in a dark room, as they often are recorded bright.
The rimshot may be little loud but it isnt distractin.
I like the small dynamic changes in piano, and maybe some very discrete automation of other sounds could strengthen that ?

Guess Im just tryin to find somethin to suggest. Thats a great mix to my ears. Congrats !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(08-11-2013, 02:12 AM)Voelund Wrote: Thats a beautiful mix. Dreamy, bright but not sharp and levels are great in headphones.

I wonder if you could and should use the verb trick i mentioned on strings for this one, or if it would ruin your fine tone on this one. The strings sound like samples and I fond it often is a good camouflage puttin stringsamples in a dark room, as they often are recorded bright.
The rimshot may be little loud but it isnt distractin.
I like the small dynamic changes in piano, and maybe some very discrete automation of other sounds could strengthen that ?

Guess Im just tryin to find somethin to suggest. Thats a great mix to my ears. Congrats !

Niels Thanks for your concepts! As we talked about before, this is a matter of taste and I appreciate your comments, I was about to do a trick of the strings with the revs at 500 hz, but wanted to hear the bows in this assembly, I looked more set to mix, it sounds more to cinema.
and as the saying goes in my country "do not look for the fifth leg cat" hahaha
Everyone wants to paint your picture as well and I like to paint. lol
a matter of taste, you either like or do not like, nothing more, your mixes have your personality and sound great and I respect you a lot for that, maybe should change many things in my mix, at the technical level, but I like it that way. and I really enjoy listening to it as you do.

a big hug friend

Sergio
Sounds very nice ,Yes brings back memories of Jean Michel Jarre and Mike Oldfield also Wink !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Sounds great here Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Thanks Bob and Don! is that they have a very fine hearing, and I appreciate your comments.
I always have served their comments and these flatter me.

Greetings friends!

from Argentina

Sergio
Had a listen on my speakers now, still sounds great.

I think the reason I mentioned the strings is they sounds like sampled strings and I always like to try to make sampled stuff sound real.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
wanted to sound like samples Niels! and wanted to remind Jarre and Oldfield in this mixture, there is no other reason, I would have been easier to make them sound as real, no doubt.

regards

Sergio
Just like Don, your mix reminds me of Mike Oldfield!! this is one of the mixes that I have enjoyed better lately!!! congrats!!
mixing since April 2013
(12-11-2013, 07:42 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: Just like Don, your mix reminds me of Mike Oldfield!! this is one of the mixes that I have enjoyed better lately!!! congrats!!

Gracias juan!!!!!!me alegro que te haya gustado!!!