Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signe Jakobsen - What Have You Done To Me
Hi,

Comments welcomed. Thanks!

.mp3    Signe Jakobsen - What Have You Done To Me.mp3 --  (Download: 6.14 MB)

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(09-11-2019, 10:15 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

Comments welcomed.  Thanks!
Hi mikej!!
Since you gave me great tips on my mix, I'd like to return the favor.
First of all, congratulations because it is a very clean and defined mix, however I have been able to appreciate several things:
1- I think it's a bit dark for you, the cymbals section can hardly be heard and makes the mix lose brightness.
2- The lead guitar of the choruses (Gtr 6 and 7) has a bit high mids, about 3K. It makes it annoying to listen to, especially on small speakers.
3- At 250 Hz you have a lot of accumulation of frequencies, it would be very good for the mix to mitigate them a bit.
This is basically what I have been able to appreciate, however it is a personal opinion and obviously it does not have to be correct. I hope this feedback can help you. Great job!!
Sorry for my bad english.
By the way, I've made a correction of my mix, now I'm going to upload it.
Cheers!!
Hi!

Was quite some time ago that I attempted this one. It was quite interesting bringing up this session again though (and also seeing a long list of plugins that I no longer use). I don't think the mix is dark? Fair comment regarding the cymbals though- seems I did bury them. I think I hated the things around the time I mixed this Smile. It looks like I dipped around 2-2.5k in the guitars, but you are right - I think the harshness is around 4.2k in the leads. Not sure about the 250Hz.. I feel the mix could maybe even do with perhaps a bit of a boost in that area to add a bit of body, and maybe a touch of air on the top too.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated!

Cheers!
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!