Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris93, I'm Alright
I haven't been on this forum in about a year. DAW laptop back up and running...

Mixed in about a day so far, minus all the bits of a day where I do other stuff. Tongue

EDIT: Attachment now updated at the correct tempo. Blush

Chris

.mp3    Current Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 7.23 MB)

Hi Chris93,

I mixed and posted the same song today.

In your mix I really like the drums :
the sound is full and rich and specially the kick is absolutely fantastic and rounded.
In the other hand, for a Rock-Latin song, you should have to give a little more attention to the Classical Guitar (that it is perfectly audible for the first 20 seconds, but after it disappears into the mix) and to the Lead Guitar in the 2 assolo (the first of which starts at 1'10'' , the second at 2'12'').

Obviously for my taste.....and maybe I have a bad taste.

However an absolutely respectable mix.
Congratulations.
Marco
Thanks Marco,

I agree with you about the classical guitar, but I liked the general sound of the mix and wasn't sure how to best fit it in better. What do you think about the piano? I had the same sort of issue with that but I think it's about right.

Chris
Hey Chris,
Just had a listen to your mix.
Here are few comments, if you don't mind Smile
1. Drums sound great. Nice rounded kick, and levels. So overall Drums and bass sound perfect to me.
2. Vocals. I also tried to keep it as close to the original take, from an EQ perspective. But the levels in your mix, regarding the main vocals are a bit low, and this tends to make them disappear at some point. I would, personally bring them to front, and again, a personal taste, would remove any kind of delay on them.
3. Electric guitar. I guess the levels should be up on the solo part. I would imagine them in a concert, and then when the solo kicks in, you know the camera would focus on the guitar player. I would do the same in a mix with some automation.

This is basically it.
cheers,

edmond
Thanks,

The vocal might be slightly quiet, it's one of those things that I find changes at different listening volumes. The delay on it is a bit lazy, It's always on and on the same settings all the time, the guitar delay is the same. Smile There are a couple of points where it shouldn't really be there but I was going for a relatively quick mix.

I do live sound so I like to approach mixes with the goal of getting the fundamental inputs sounding good, then making everything else OK, and doing it quickly with no automation. Smile I will of course use automation on anything I;m mixing for other people though. Smile

Chris
Your mix has more of a rock sound than what I envisioned this song to be style wise ... but the sound you got I think is really good.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!