Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright (blackbaron1 MIX)
Hi to all,

fantastic Rock-Latino and perfect takes of all the instruments, without withenoise and without other background instruments in each track.

Please leave comments and feedbacks :
I need\want to learn from those who are better than me.

Special note for Voelund :
Hello Niels,
I am very interesting in your opinion regarding my usual problem of "hit too much the Limiter" ;
in this song I have tried to solve\improve this problem and I'd like to know your opinion.
Without Mercy.

Thanks to all.
Have a nice day and good listening.
Marco

.mp3    I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.89 MB)

Hi,

your mix is pretty good. However, I've noticed a few things I'd like to mention (don't know if I'm better than you, though Wink):

Your mix seems to be divided into two parts: On the one hand there is a warm and relaxed grooving instrumental, then there is a harsh sounding vocal/lead guitar. This tonal decision allows the vocals/lead guitar to cut through with ease, but is a bit fatiguing to listen to. To make matters a bit worse, the vocals need more de-essing.

I would also try to give the snare a bit more room, though I'd need to check out some more latin rock befor to aquaint myself with that music again.

Cheers
Artbass
Hi. blackbaron1.

I like how you've featured the percussion tracks, I had a bit of a struggle with keeping them audible. That ride cymbal is cool too.

It sort of sounds like most of the mix is highpassed at about 300hz, highpassing stuff that doesn't need low end can certainly help but it sounds like you're taken it up a bit too high. Boosting high end can be a good way to make some things more audible than others, but if you do it on all the tracks you lose the effect.

What speakers / headphones are you mixing on?

Chris
Listen on headphones. Sounds well balanced and you didnt hit the limiter as hard this time it seems. The tonality is very bright, which is fine at low mevels but painful if you turn it up.
It sounds way better than the 2 other mixes Ive heard and I would say youre walkin down a fine road there. Keep it up !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order