Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cog In The Machine Flymix
hey hope you like the mix. eq something there, some revs over there, and enjoy it.
I think I'm in the right direction.
Any input???

Sergio

.mp3    Cog In The Machine.mp3 --  (Download: 5.35 MB)

Lovely spacious sounding mix Sergio !
The vocals sound nice, listening on Bose head phones at the moment ,the bass and kick has a lot of deep bass which I like Big Grin !

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

beauuuuuutiful, Sergio!!!!! me repito: de mayor quiero ser como tu!! jajajajjaa!!!
mixing since April 2013
A more reverberant version that I'd instinctively have done myself, but very successful nonetheless. I always like being surprised by new versions of the same multitrack, because it widens my outlook. I'd also forgotten how much I liked this song, and that's probably the highest compliment anyone can pay to any mix. Thanks for posting!
(06-11-2013, 10:21 AM)Mike Senior Wrote: A more reverberant version that I'd instinctively have done myself, but very successful nonetheless. I always like being surprised by new versions of the same multitrack, because it widens my outlook. I'd also forgotten how much I liked this song, and that's probably the highest compliment anyone can pay to any mix. Thanks for posting!

Thanks Mike! for your compliments and for appreciating my work.
I knew it was not that wrong.Lol
the best for you

from Argentina

Sergio
(06-11-2013, 07:05 AM)thedon Wrote: Lovely spacious sounding mix Sergio !
The vocals sound nice, listening on Bose head phones at the moment ,the bass and kick has a lot of deep bass which I like Big Grin !

Thanks Bob!! on reality mix at night and could not turn my monitors, because the neighbors were going to take the building, so mix it with Bose, maybe the same as you have. No I have a study or treatment room, I mix a normal room department, and at night I can not turn on the monitor, then work with the Bose.

Greetings from Argentina

Sergio
Hi Sergio,

a great mix you've created here. Really great work with the reverbs and great tones. There are 2 things you could consider: The first is that timing issue during the intro (guitar/bass), second is a slightly piercing s during the verses. I'm not sure if deessing is the way to go here, though.

Cheers
Artbass
(06-11-2013, 02:01 PM)Artbass Wrote: Hi Sergio,

a great mix you've created here. Really great work with the reverbs and great tones. There are 2 things you could consider: The first is that timing issue during the intro (guitar/bass), second is a slightly piercing s during the verses. I'm not sure if deessing is the way to go here, though.

Cheers
Artbass

Thanks Art!! I think the problem you speak may be because of the live take, I've seen it but thought it best not to touch it and keep the spirit of the take, however I think this mix, is properly treated

greetings from Argentina

Sergio
Beautiful mix Sergio, very well choosen verb, sounds real.
As for the esses I heard it on my iphone speaker (checked mono cpmpatibality too Big Grin ) and thats the ultimate "should it be deessed" test. It sounded great.

Congrats, one o the best mixes youve made Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thank Neils!!!
I did it without glasses and I think that went well. I mention to the boss! LOL