Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Outa Control Mix
Hope the mix isn't outa control.

Cheers!

.mp3    OutaControl_AndyGMix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.36 MB)

.mp3    OutaControl_AndyGMix2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.36 MB)

Hi!

Nice big and punchy mix, great drums and guitar. Not sure the vocal level is always keeping pace at times, but could just be my personal preference? Either way I certainly enjoyed listening, nicely done I think.
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thank you very much!
I did an update Mix2. Vocals a bit up, Kick and Bass a lil tad down. I think that improves.
Hi - I think it's better, but could possibly be 1/2 db too loud now maybe? It's tricky as the vocals are cool and quite dynamic throughout. Maybe there wasn't much wrong with your vocal level in the first place, and it was just me... Kick and bass are certainly tighter though now. It's an excellent mix.
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
Thanks again mikej!
I think your first impression of the vocal level was right though. It is now a just half dB up. It's a fine tuning and preference thing to me. Neither version sounds really off to me. Cheers!
(26-10-2019, 09:30 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: Hope the mix isn't outa control.

Cheers!

Certainly got this mix under control! Love the dynamics, tight and punchy but with warmth too. The guitars sound a bit underwhelming tho. I’m in the process of mixing this myself, there are lots of guitar tracks to try and bring out. Many of them are just playing support parts to add density and so needn’t take centre stage but in the chorus there is a stereo clean delay part that is supported by acoustic guitar parts, these move up the fret board and help build the chorus up to a crescendo. These could feature a bit more prominently imo that would help the chorus stand out.

Other than that a really tidy job!
(12-01-2020, 03:31 PM)StreetLethal Wrote:
(26-10-2019, 09:30 PM)AndyGallas Wrote: Hope the mix isn't outa control.

Cheers!

Certainly got this mix under control! Love the dynamics, tight and punchy but with warmth too. The guitars sound a bit underwhelming tho. I’m in the process of mixing this myself, there are lots of guitar tracks to try and bring out. Many of them are just playing support parts to add density and so needn’t take centre stage but in the chorus there is a stereo clean delay part that is supported by acoustic guitar parts, these move up the fret board and help build the chorus up to a crescendo. These could feature a bit more prominently imo that would help the chorus stand out.

Other than that a really tidy job!

Thank very much. Good points from you! Cheers