Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo - Long way home MIX
Hey guys! Im a beat maker from Denmark who jumped into mixing for about a year ago and now im so hooked on mix and mastering, that i actually only trying to do this now Big Grin

After hearing this song i instantly jumped into this contest. Its an awesome song which is so pleasing to tweak on.

So heres my shot and first attempt on a mix of David Tyo's song and i hope its not to bad Angel

I have mastered to about 11 Lufs. and i actually noticed just now that the delay its not all on point so I gonna correct that. In the hooks i have widen some things a bit to get some escitement for the listener its maybe not so noticeable but its there Big Grin Excited to hear what your all think.

Long way home MASTERING 2 is with more bottom/bass
Long way home MASTERING is with less bottom/bass

.mp3    David Tyo - Long way home MASTERING 2.mp3 --  (Download: 11.53 MB)

.mp3    David Tyo - Long way home MASTERING.mp3 --  (Download: 11.53 MB)

I'd say bass somewhere between master 1 and 2. Sounds are good, echo on the lead vocal feels uncoordinated and vocal too out front resulting in the instruments get lost. Environment is good for the ensemble.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for the reply Mixinthecloud.

Yeh i also feel that with the bass awesome you mentioned that. yeh the echo/delay its uncoordinated its beeing readjusted.
i feel you on that with the vocal, my mindset was to have David really up front as its such a beautifull and soulful vocal, but I think you are on to something ill go try it cause we all love guitars and pianos Big Grin