Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix approach
Please, do share your opinions.

Cheers!
Ps: it was fun to edit the guitars.

.mp3    Comfort Lives In Belief.mp3 --  (Download: 7.23 MB)

Hi,

cool mix. I think you could lower the reverb on the snare a bit, mostly during the short intro, as it gives a kind of "dated" sound to it. Your mix gets a bit crowded from time to time, but in a somehow warm, comforting way.

Cheers
Artbass
"dated" sound is a term I can live with :-)
I shut down for today so I wont comment on the sound, but appreciate one more going for this song.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
THis mix sounds good to me.
Your mix translate very well to AKG K 240 headphones.
Like your levels and the subtle echo on vox. Guitar sound great.
The bv are a little dark, but they are only padding and works fine with the darker tone.

Great mix of this little song. Thank you !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
The reverb on the snare is like that to try hide a bit the electronic drum sound (and also because i myself am a bit dated hehehe).

I am surprised and glad to know that it sounds good on good headphones like the k240 (compared to my shitty pair).

Voelund, i was a bit insecure exactly about the vox delay and guitar, nice to know that you like it. About the bv, thats how i usually do/like, a subtle pad. I didnt use some of the other channels because they were a bit out of tune (i guess) and getting a bit too much "in the face". But i am still curious about your opinion on the guitars comp. Wink

Thanks to you guys for the time spent to listen and write something about it.
I really loved your mix, it's sounding solid and I could never say the snare sounds "dated", it's really great, and that canon shot snares are coming back to life in the last rock n' roll albums I heard.

Feedback my mix too and i'll be pleased
(05-11-2013, 05:37 PM)rudacury Wrote: Please, do share your opinions.

Cheers!
Ps: it was fun to edit the guitars.

Wow! This is one excellent mix! Big Grin There are only three issues, one major, two minor:

Major: Drums are too loud! I'd say they need to come down about 3-5 dB.

Minor: Stereo image is a little constrained; try panning anything not on center just a tad wider. Also, vocals are a little understated; might want to bring them up 2-3 dB to bring them a little more forward, let them shine through a little more.

Other than that, I just loved this! Well done! Wink
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
(05-11-2013, 07:35 PM)Artbass Wrote: I think you could lower the reverb on the snare a bit, mostly during the short intro, as it gives a kind of "dated" sound to it.

Which, IMHO, is appropriate, given the 70s vibe in the song... Cool
John A. Ardelli
Pedaling Prince Pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/PedalingPrince
Very nice and tide mix,
Bravo!!