Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long way home: Mix Jerze
Looking for some extra ears if you have any suggestions let me know what needs work.
Thanks for your time Jerze!

.mp3    DavidTyo-LongWayHome mix jerze1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.55 MB)

A very good, very musical take on this. Very listenable.
My only nit-pick would be the toms.
My comment would be that there is kind of a battle between the ensemble instruments against the lead vocal and the harmony voices against the same. At times I wanted to hear the harmonies add more viberance to the mix but that's where the battle ensues for space in a very rich and complex tonal structure.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(25-10-2019, 04:14 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: A very good, very musical take on this. Very listenable.
My comment would be that there is kind of a battle between the ensemble instruments against the lead vocal and the harmony voices against the same. At times I wanted to hear the harmonies add more viberance to the mix but that's where the battle ensues for space in a very rich and complex tonal structure.

Thanks for your time Mixinthecloud!
This is a tough song to mix.I tried to blend everything and leave some space for the different instruments.I'll have a listen today and seen if i can clean some things up.
Thanks again!
Jerze
(26-10-2019, 04:26 PM)jerze Wrote:
(25-10-2019, 04:14 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: A very good, very musical take on this. Very listenable.

Thanks for your time Mixinthecloud!
This is a tough song to mix.I tried to blend everything and leave some space for the different instruments.I'll have a listen today and seen if i can clean some things up.
Thanks again!
Jerze

You've done a generally excellent job. I would be careful about changing anything. This mix is very good.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]