Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix (need feedback)
Hello,
I just finished the mix of School boy fascination
Feel free to give me some feedback on my mix if you want.
Thank you

.mp3    Bounce 3.mp3 --  (Download: 3.81 MB)

Hi. Your mix sounds good overall but there are a couple of details to fix. I think the synths are too thin. Also that the vocals could be tad louder in the balance.

There's also that putting the drums in front of everything isn't perhaps the best choice for this kind of music. Or maybe that's a matter of compression. It seems to jump out of the mix sometimes.

I mean, what you did doesn't sound bad at all but rather unexploited to its full potential. I suggest using volume automation to give each instrument its time to shine. For instance, raise the piano and synth at 1:18. Don't you feel like it should be a soaring moment in the song?

the end is also weird, but I guess it has more to do with the song's composition. Maybe it can't be fixed. Or maybe by muting all instruments on the very last lyrics and easing them back in for the cadenza. Idk.

I recall the issues in order of detriment:
(1) synths too thin
(2) a little tweak of the balance to put the vocals in front and drums in the back (it is just a subtle adjustement though)
(3) working on the arrangement and reveal each instrument at the right time
(4) trying to work around the end of the song somehow

Keep in mind that it's still a good mix, but I guess those changes could make it even better
Hey thank you for your message,
I will try what you said
Thanks again