Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A listeners view to W.A. Mozart's Piano Concerto No.12 K414 (Allegro) by sthauge
This might be a bit different than other mixes of this performance. My aim is to take the listeners into the concert hall when listening. That means some distance to the orchestra and grand piano. You should get a feel of the hall and the dept in the room and different distance to the different instruments. Though it's more binaural than others I have not used any binaural plugins. There are some issues with the grand piano track recordings. It does not sound good until after some bars when the strings have started playing(ok at 2:15 ==>). I've tried to fix it but it's not quite as good as I prefer.

Update 28/12 - 19: If you will be able to place/pan the different groups of instruments in the right position according to the picture of the performance, one of the challenges with these tracks is to remove the mic bleed.  If done properly, you should be able pan and hear eg. the violins play clearly on the left side of the stage. So goes for the rest of the instruments and group of instruments as well.

New comment 14/1 - 20: As pointed out by others, correct phasing is also very important to get things right with this recording(I'm happy to have a builtin tool for analyzing phasing in my DAW, so to get the phasing optimal takes about 3-4 minutes) 

Update 02/10 - 20: Corrected couple of errors. Adjusted so it's a LITTLE bit more upfront. Some minor adjustments.   

Comments are always welcomed. I'm not into the loudness war, so you might turn up the volume a bit.

Note: The conversion to MP3 takes away some of the dept, so here is the WAV file if someone want high res sound: http://bit.ly/mozar12 The link(.wav) is also updated.

.mp3    Mozart_No_12_r3.mp3 --  (Download: 23.77 MB)

.mp3    Mozart_No_12.mp3 --  (Download: 23.76 MB)

.mp3    Mozart_No_12_r4.mp3 --  (Download: 23.72 MB)

Harrison Consoles Mixbus/Mixbus32C 8.0 DAWs, Kubuntu Linux 64 21.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM [email protected], 12 Gb RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, 418.226 prop. driver. Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface