Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rip the Beating Heart out of this mix with your Too Bear Hands
Lower mids, i'd say between 100 and 250hz area. It's hard to pinpoint, maybe just taking a db or two from the bass around 200hz would do it. I got these tracks last night and because of the room and bleed in all of the mics, they all have a bit of congestion in that area. I wouldn't worry about it too much, now that I know how the raw tracks sound.
(25-09-2019, 10:52 PM)Friggy Wrote: Lower mids, i'd say between 100 and 250hz area. It's hard to pinpoint, maybe just taking a db or two from the bass around 200hz would do it. I got these tracks last night and because of the room and bleed in all of the mics, they all have a bit of congestion in that area. I wouldn't worry about it too much, now that I know how the raw tracks sound.

Thanks - I'll check that out - much appreciated!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Hi everyone, I've made a few changes based on some suggestions here. Let me know what you think! Thanks!

.mp3    2 Bare Hands_Rev 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.51 MB)

All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
Hi,

Sounds like you've been working pretty hard on this one. Nice update. I like it a lot. Really like the vocal reverb where you can just catch it in the intro, around the 20 second mark, also really enjoyable on headphones. Yeah, excellent work, really well done. Good luck with the competition, I feel this mix would be tough to beat.

Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(17-10-2019, 09:10 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

Sounds like you've been working pretty hard on this one. Nice update. I like it a lot. Really like the vocal reverb where you can just catch it in the intro, around the 20 second mark, also really enjoyable on headphones. Yeah, excellent work, really well done. Good luck with the competition, I feel this mix would be tough to beat.

Thanks Mike. Yeah, just a few finishing touches really. Basically a couple of sessions of automating reverbs and delays and adding a few special fx. Thanks for taking a listen and commenting - much appreciated!
Hi,

Totally subjective of course, but I thought I'd mention it anyway - I find I do prefer this mix with a db (or 2 at a push) at around 350Hz on the master to bring out just a touch more depth/warmth there.
Just uploaded a mix/master?  Waiting for comments? Why not give back and critique a mix/master, or two!
(19-10-2019, 08:45 PM)mikej Wrote: Hi,

Totally subjective of course, but I thought I'd mention it anyway - I find I do prefer this mix with a db (or 2 at a push) at around 350Hz on the master to bring out just a touch more depth/warmth there.

Thanks Mike. I think you may be right. I have noticed I have a tendency to take a little bit too much out of my source mics around the 350-450 mark - possibly a bit of a monitoring blind-spot for me.
Your mix does have a bump in energy around the 3k mark, so I think it is more a case of fine tuning the final balance. To me, the slight 350Hz bump seemed to make the most beneficial difference for me in the vocal, so might be worth experimenting with carefully adding a touch of 350 back in to the vocal, and perhaps bass and kick too, if you feel you are losing too much clarity by adding it to the master. For me just adding the db of 350 to the master feels right though I think in this case? I'm guessing you've really worked to clear out all the 'mud' in this mix to achieve the clarity and definition you've got.