Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix outta control
Nothing Special here. Good Arrangement.
Put all of the guitars in 5 Groups for simplification,
then put some amp Simulation on the rhythm guitars to fatten them up a bit.
FX wise, a big reverb on drums and a short slap-back on vocals, that's all.

.mp3    FytaKyte-Outa Control.mp3 --  (Download: 3.78 MB)

The good thing about live mixing is that you don't have to worry about how it sounds later on someone's soda can. You got your live acts, your mixing desk, your PA, and your audience that you directly connect to and you have to get it right without the possibility to fiddle with the settings afterwards.
Ouch!

Awesome. I'm almost scared to ask for more kick. I wanted to crawl around your snare drum and live there for a while. But wanted to visit the kick too and couldn't find it.

Just a supurb mix TM.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(20-10-2019, 07:24 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Ouch!

Awesome. I'm almost scared to ask for more kick. I wanted to crawl around your snare drum and live there for a while. But wanted to visit the kick too and couldn't find it.

Just a supurb mix TM.

Yeah you might be right I could beef up the kick a bit more.
I'm on it.
The good thing about live mixing is that you don't have to worry about how it sounds later on someone's soda can. You got your live acts, your mixing desk, your PA, and your audience that you directly connect to and you have to get it right without the possibility to fiddle with the settings afterwards.
(20-10-2019, 08:55 PM)Thomas Mueller Wrote:
(20-10-2019, 07:24 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Ouch!

Just a supurb mix TM.

Yeah you might be right I could beef up the kick a bit more.
I'm on it.
So I boosted the kick a bit and the Overheads as well as I found them somewhat lacking in V1.

.mp3    Outa Control V2.mp3 --  (Download: 3.8 MB)

Hi Thomas, I think there you have overboosted kick drum a bit, so i general i prefer your first version as i dont feel anything distracting really.
Mix is really good, well balanced, vox sounds very good. Very good job. Maybe you could fight bit more for kick drum presence. Thats all. Cheers!