Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TheLongWayHome - James Hughes Mix
Still need vocal rides, but I have got it close to where i want it. I would love to hear from the community before it is finalized.

Edit: Made some updates adjusted the rooms, eq and other things to better get everything balanced, and fitting the emotion.

.mp3    Long Way Home Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 5.84 MB)

.mp3    LongWayHome_FinalMIX.mp3 --  (Download: 5.75 MB)

Try selecting all tracks and move them all along the timeline a few seconds to add a little silence at the start of the piece. Your song starts very abruptly into the first opening chord. The overall mix sounds quite bright, and the vocal, which is the real hard part of this mix, comes and goes... try using a bit of compression on it to even it out, and try boosting the lead vox level to bring it more to the front. Otherwise, you've done nice work and I'll look forward to your next version...
Thanks For the feedback Christoff555. I uploaded my new version. Warmed it up. tweeked some room sound and other changes. I may go back and change some pannings, or other adjustments if you guys notice anything.
(20-10-2019, 11:42 PM)Imagine Mix Studio Wrote: Thanks For the feedback Christoff555. I uploaded my new version. Warmed it up. tweeked some room sound and other changes. I may go back and change some pannings, or other adjustments if you guys notice anything.

You're very welcome, James... I like your new mix a lot better... the balance seems good, too. I do think the vocal is a bit dry, and perhaps a tiny bit of delay would be nice. I understand you likely want to preserve the intimate nature of the lead vocal, so having it swimming in deep reverb would not be too good; but often just a touch of delay is enough, but not too much. Delay adds a bit of dimension to the vocal, so it shouldn't be too long or prominent.