Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update: 10-27 - David Tyo's - Long Way Home - Final Tweaks
I dont feel qualified to comment on anything techical but i really like v8. Great work!
Thanks. I took a listen to your mix and it sounds pretty good. Are you happy with it?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Thanks for that feedback. I wrote back to you in my post
But Im glad it sounds good to you, that was unexpected. I used your mix as a bit of a reference and felt that your mix was overall much warmer sounding especially the vocals. Thanks again for your feedback. Really appreciate it.Big Grin
Hi MITC,

I've just been working on this song and gave your final Mix 10 a listen after I posted my version. Your mix is very similar to mine in that it is open and warm. You also doubled the main guitar in the same way I did.

I'm not a fan of the 'fat' snare sound, I prefer a more open 'crack' sound, but that is just my taste. My only comment on your mix would be that the main vocal gets lost toward the end. If the guitars came down 1-2dB it would probably be all that is needed.

I would love for you to give my version a listen and let me know what you think.

https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...?tid=33640

Cheers
Hello! My name is Nicholas, I'm a sound engineer from Russia. I have been mixing and recording various works for many years. from operas to rock. I want to share with your thoughts listening to version 10 of your mix. this is just a thought. let's start with the drums. I liked the kick. I like its low frequencies. for this style it sounds justified. with regards to snare, I would have made it a little louder than 1-1.5 db. With regards to the shaker, autumn is an acute attack and a quick release. listening is pretty unpleasant. I would advise you to weaken the attack and make it quieter by 3-4 db. since it carries only an auxiliary role in the mix and does not carry any musical role. Vocal is a very vivid expression of the late reflections of the reverb, which only add more turbidity to the mix. work with sibilants, you need to listen to each zone and dynamic equalizer to lower them. I advise you to use fab filter eq3. the backs made them just loud at the vocal level, thereby killing the lead vocals completely. just make them quieter by 5-6 db. maybe that's enough. good luck!