Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update: 10-27 - David Tyo's - Long Way Home - Final Tweaks
Listened to 7a. Starting out i love the tone. some bass fundamentals sound too boosted in the verses. Chorus bass is powerful and nice. the lead vocals have a warm tone that fits well but also seems to sit in a way that overly blend them into the background rather than warm but 3d in the front. Overall nice warm feel.
(20-10-2019, 11:38 PM)Imagine Mix Studio Wrote: Listened to 7a. Starting out i love the tone. some bass fundamentals sound too boosted in the verses. Chorus bass is powerful and nice. the lead vocals have a warm tone that fits well but also seems to sit in a way that overly blend them into the background rather than warm but 3d in the front. Overall nice warm feel.

Good comments. Thank you. Warm and powerful are a good combo and trying to find the exact sweet spot for the vocals here is the songs most significant challenge. One db too much and it is too forward and one db too little and it is too blended. Arggghhhh!!!!
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi my friend,

I liked the last mix you posted... the version number 8....
sounds more cleand and opened!

I just felt the bass maybe a little bit loud... but I didn't listen in other speakers...
nice job
if you have time, please, listen mine.

Regards,

Alexandre Lack
ALEXANDRE LACK
Musical Producer
[email protected]
(25-10-2019, 07:30 PM)alexandre_lack Wrote: Hi my friend,

I liked the last mix you posted... the version number 8....
sounds more cleand and opened!

I just felt the bass maybe a little bit loud... but I didn't listen in other speakers...
nice job
if you have time, please, listen mine.

Regards,

Alexandre Lack

Thanks for your listen, Alexandre. Yes, the bass is very thick in the latest mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hey Mixinthecloud.

I actually have some love in all of the versions, but especially the last number 8, i get a sense of calmness and really get into the emotions David Tyo is achieving ! Really good mix i dont have a finger on that, esp since im also a bass man Big Grin My normal genre is in hiphop and old school particular where that bass almost everytime needs to be on point and fat. So big thumbs up from here
Really like the recent mix the only thing I have to point out is the kick and bass fight with each other and the very low end causing it to feel very muddy. Perhaps highpassing some bottom end would help. I think on mine I used a highpass on the kick and another tad on the bass.
Just a thought.
Other than that good balances. It's a song that I would prefer more dry on the fx but that's a taste thing.
Really nice mix. the instrument placement and tone sound great. The heart beat track might be a little loud on my end like how you added a few on the end tho.I would of liked to hear the chorus sections instruments brought up a little more Might just be me though and how I looked at the pre chorus section and how its building up to the chorus.

Great listen thanks for sharing!
Hey Mitc. I'm listening to Pass 10. A warm sound that fits the mood of the song. Great sounding acoustic guitars and drums. Kick and bass work together well. Maybe a little problem in the very lows. The right guitar fills are maybe a little to loud for me. I miss the BVs in the first refrain a bit ^^.
From 3:43 to the end the LVs are struggling hard against the BVs and guitars. But that is all a matter of taste.
I love to be part of this community because there are so many different ways
to mix these songs. There is not only one right way. That is a good chance to learn.

Long story short: Minor points. Nice job as always.
(31-10-2019, 10:39 PM)Dell Brush Wrote: Hey Mitc. I'm listening to Pass 10. A warm sound that fits the mood of the song. Great sounding acoustic guitars and drums. Kick and bass work together well. Maybe a little problem in the very lows. The right guitar fills are maybe a little to loud for me. I miss the BVs in the first refrain a bit ^^.
From 3:43 to the end the LVs are struggling hard against the BVs and guitars. But that is all a matter of taste.
I love to be part of this community because there are so many different ways
to mix these songs. There is not only one right way. That is a good chance to learn.

Long story short: Minor points. Nice job as always.

Thanks for your remarks, DB. Yes, most of us will miss the BV in the first chorus because we know they could be there. I left them out to give the later choruses and BVs a bit more meaning. I have the ensemble crescendoing towards the end of the song (a lot of dynamic moves through the piece) and did not want to push the vocals any harder. Good catch on that.

Again, thanks for the listen.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I've listened to this song so many times, my poor cat is getting sick of it. Every time I play he roars at me. Mine - others...it doesn't matter. Poor thing. he's quite the critic, my little ciitter!
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]