Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darksunmusic Mix
Hi there!
This is my first mix/master using Cambridge Multitracks material, hope you enjoy and leave your opinion. I'm a beginner on production, so any tips will be appreciated. Big Grin

Thanks in advance.

.mp3    One More.mp3 --  (Download: 6.27 MB)

Amateur music producer from Brazil. 
Mixing from my home studio, using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface and Ableton Live.
Hello. This sounds very good. Punchy, and the vocal harmonies are neat. I'm in no way a master at mixing, but here's my advice as a random listener

Maybe the bass and vocals are a bit too loud compared to the guitars. On the first parts of the verses, the muted guitars were on each side and sounded great, then it disappeared in the background.

The snare and toms are bit dull and punchy, try to curb the 400-600hz region and that will make it clearer and it will suit what you did on other instruments better.

The overheads are distracting and too present. I don't how I would fix this, it's not a matter of volume but arranging. Maybe try to discrease the sustain with a compressor and long attack time, in order to enhance the hits. I don't know frankly.

The bass could have better definition but I don't know if that's needed. Also it's a bit too dynamically compressed for me, but it's fine too.

The first 10 sec are really great, then the flaws appear, mostly because of the guitars dropping down, but it will only take a couple of tweaks I guess

Thank you posting, it's also helpful for me to try to be critical. Cheers