Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Straight Outta Control
Yeaaargh!

Avast ye scallywags!

Rough seas ahead! 'Tis the perfect storm!

Yeaaargh!!!

.mp3    Fyta_OutaControlM1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.42 MB)

~
Other Mixes
I like it. I think the midrangy guitars kinda make their point pretty quickly. It's a cool tone but I think it could be blended in with some more natural guitars sounds. It tends to eat up the midrange and get in the way of the vocal, snare, and upper end of the bass. Or maybe automate them lower during the pre chorus and bring them up at the chorus? I think that tone works there. They just feels like a color that jumps off the canvas and I tend to focus on that.

Other than that it feels good. I like the effects that pop out every once in a while. They're subtle but add to the environment.
First impression is that the bass tone is super cool! And the snare sounds a little papery and could use just a little more body. During the parts like 2:10 the snare sounds fine, cause the constant hits get the body to add up, but during :20 part the 200hz could be automated up a little.
(03-10-2019, 01:29 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I like it. I think the midrangy guitars kinda make their point pretty quickly. It's a cool tone but I think it could be blended in with some more natural guitars sounds. It tends to eat up the midrange and get in the way of the vocal, snare, and upper end of the bass. Or maybe automate them lower during the pre chorus and bring them up at the chorus? I think that tone works there. They just feels like a color that jumps off the canvas and I tend to focus on that.

Other than that it feels good. I like the effects that pop out every once in a while. They're subtle but add to the environment.

Cheers mate. Yeah there's plenty of energy in this mix. I was definitely trying to make the guitars the main thing in this one.

Funny thing about the effects - theres only subtle effects on things and the lead guitar effects were printed in, so there are no effects on the lead guitar. Its raw! All I did to enhance what was already on it was mute the dry lead, eq it and smash a parallel comp on. The playing and tone did the rest.

~
Other Mixes