Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte's 'Outa Control' (EquilibriumMIX)
- First of all, thank you very much to FytaKyte for great music! I had to work with the mix longer than usual. I wanted to make the perfect sound. I hope I'm getting close enough to this.
- I'm putting out a v.2 at once. Changed EQ automation in the middle of the mix, the sound made thicker, changed the RMS level. I didn't turn up the volume of the mix to -6.6 to maintain the sound quality. I think that the average of -10.5 (approximately) is within the limits of reasonable sufficiency.

V.3 — changes Made:
1. Eliminate the failures of the DRUMS (according criticism)
2. Improved drums batch (added shifted beat)
3. Fixed the difference in volume between the beginning and end of the mix
4. Changed the automation GLUE
5. The sound made it more "American"
6. Increased RMS level

Spent three days thinking Big Grin

Leave comments/evaluations as to whether or not you liked the work.

.mp3    FytaKyte\'s \'Outa Control\'.mp3 --  (Download: 9.41 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte\'s \'Outa Control\' v.2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.41 MB)

.mp3    FytaKyte\'s \'Outa Control\' v.3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.41 MB)

Alexander
I listened to v.2.
Interesting take. I think the mix sounds pretty big but the drums feel relatively small. They tend to get lost, especially in the chorus where there’s so much going on. I do like the clarity, I can hear every hit but I think the kick and snare can support the song more. The cymbals and HH get harsh at times so their level is probably ok. Maybe add in some of the room mics? I didn't use it in my mix but the second room mic track might work well in this mix. If I'm remembering it right. I like the bass sound.

Other than that the only thing that I noticed is the lead guitar in the second verse is a bit loud and overshadows the vocal. The lead guitar might be loud overall but it seemed most notable there.
I agree with Roy. I think if you made a bus/group and send the kick and snare to it and really smash it and blend that, would sound really nice and consistent!

Something like an ssl bus comp, 10:1, 30ms att(or .1ms) and fastest or auto release, hitting 12db of reduction on the kick+snare group would be a great sound to blend into this song.

One other thing that really popped out at me was a few bell hits around 3:30. I'd just automate those hits down.
(03-10-2019, 06:39 AM)Friggy Wrote: I agree with Roy. I think if you made a bus/group and send the kick and snare to it and really smash it and blend that, would sound really nice and consistent!

Something like an ssl bus comp, 10:1, 30ms att(or .1ms) and fastest or auto release, hitting 12db of reduction on the kick+snare group would be a great sound to blend into this song.

One other thing that really popped out at me was a few bell hits around 3:30. I'd just automate those hits down.

Like would with DRUMS has understood. "Bell hits around 3: 30" is now absorbed by a higher level of RMS. What can't be scraped off can be painted over Big Grin
Alexander
(02-10-2019, 10:31 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I listened to v.2.
Interesting take. I think the mix sounds pretty big but the drums feel relatively small. They tend to get lost, especially in the chorus where there’s so much going on. I do like the clarity, I can hear every hit but I think the kick and snare can support the song more. The cymbals and HH get harsh at times so their level is probably ok. Maybe add in some of the room mics? I didn't use it in my mix but the second room mic track might work well in this mix. If I'm remembering it right. I like the bass sound.

Other than that the only thing that I noticed is the lead guitar in the second verse is a bit loud and overshadows the vocal. The lead guitar might be loud overall but it seemed most notable there.

Drums expanded and deepened. Big Grin Failures like would there is no. There is still a lot of change (I wrote in the main cap). As for LeadGTR, I did not think its level is quite critical. Maybe I'm wrong?
Alexander
I like your Mix ,
It translates very well on my monitors and on Headphones ,One minor thing is maybe roll off some low frequencies of the panned backing vocals sound a touch upfront in the side channels below around 500hz.

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts