Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Long way home mix
After a long, stressful month finally some new tracks to relax Smile

Edit: V1 Might be a bit too rich in the low end.

.mp3    alongwayhome.mp3 --  (Download: 6.95 MB)

.mp3    alongwayhome_lowshelf -3db.mp3 --  (Download: 4.67 MB)

The good thing about live mixing is that you don't have to worry about how it sounds later on someone's soda can. You got your live acts, your mixing desk, your PA, and your audience that you directly connect to and you have to get it right without the possibility to fiddle with the settings afterwards.
Thomas, I haven't yet listened to your mixes but I wanted to understand which mix is your latest. From your notes and names I cannot determine that.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(11-10-2019, 08:51 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Thomas, I haven't yet listened to your mixes but I wanted to understand which mix is your latest. From your notes and names I cannot determine that.

The ones I write additional things to like eq changes I did after listening to them again.
But I will Name them mix v1, v2 etc. in the future ok.
BTW sorry that I wasn't very active on here in the last time but I had lots of jobs to do recently, festival season you know.
I try to give my ears a break every now and then.
The good thing about live mixing is that you don't have to worry about how it sounds later on someone's soda can. You got your live acts, your mixing desk, your PA, and your audience that you directly connect to and you have to get it right without the possibility to fiddle with the settings afterwards.
(11-10-2019, 09:36 PM)Thomas Mueller Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 08:51 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Thomas, I haven't yet listened to your mixes but I wanted to understand which mix is your latest. From your notes and names I cannot determine that.

The ones I write additional things to like eq changes I did after listening to them again.
BTW sorry that I wasn't very active on here in the last time but I had lots of jobs to do recently, festival season you know.

Better busy than not.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(13-10-2019, 07:44 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:

Better busy than not.
So what's your opinion abot my mix?
I guess it sounds dryer and less compressed than a few other mixes I heard.
(13-10-2019, 08:04 PM)Thomas Mueller Wrote:
(13-10-2019, 07:44 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:

Better busy than not.
So what's your opinion abot my mix?
I guess it sounds dryer and less compressed than a few other mixes I heard.

Still not sure which is the latest mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
alongwayhome_lowshelf -3db.mp3

It's all there. And, as you said, mostly dry. Tonal balance is good. Do you feel you captured the emotional context of the song?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(14-10-2019, 12:09 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: It's all there. And, as you said, mostly dry. Tonal balance is good. Do you feel you captured the emotional context of the song?

IMHO putting much reverb on this track, especially on drums, didn't get the vibe right so I think that my dryer mix brings more intimacy.
But that's just my Interpretation of this song.
So, for those who prefer having the song all cluttered and polluted with reverb to the s*** cause it gives them some "energy" or whatever, take a listen to this:

.mp3    LONG WAY HOME V2.mp3 --  (Download: 4.57 MB)