Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore Flymix
This is my vision of Shore.

hope you like ...

any input????

Sergio

.mp3    SHORE.mp3 --  (Download: 6.81 MB)

The upper mids low highs seem a bit strong on the vocals and maybe the HH could come down a bit.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
The difrence between verse and chorus are fine.
I dont agree on the eq, theres too much in the hi middle area, voice and hihat in particular.
I know it is possible to make it sound more dreamy and warm, and I know you have those beautiful long verbs.
For instance the "ahahah" background vocals like that :-)
And the solo has got lots of it - little too much perhaps, as its the only verb now
Guitars sound fine, so does the drums(apart from the hat) and bas. I think the tinklish vocals and hat are the first place ones to get on the workbench Big Grin

The voicesynth part are cool level in middle piece. Solo could do with a little more middle (3-500)and a little more volume to win the fight with the voicesynth level (or voice synth could go under guitar when it kicks in)
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
hope you like....

Sergio

.mp3    SHORE1(mstr).mp3 --  (Download: 6.81 MB)

(03-11-2013, 08:50 PM)flyrecords Wrote: hope you like....

Sergio

Hi Sergio

The idea I get with this track is that it has to have a "dreamy" feel.
In your mix it's not the case, which doesn't make it wrong.
It just takes away what I think was the original "feel" the artist wanted to create.

Refering to the second mix you've posted:
Technicaly I think that the bass is too strong in your mix, vocals sound too dry and upfront in the mix at times. The "s's" also seem to "clip".
Try de-essing your vocals.

But on a positive note. I like your perspective of the track and apart from the bass and vocals the rest of the instruments sound pretty well balanced! Cool

Regards
Gerrit

A song is never finished... Only abandoned. So sing if you've got nothing left to say.
Thanks Gerrit!!
Hello

Few points I noticed.
Bass might have too dominant role and it is masking kick.
You should check your lead voc s-limit if you have one in chain. Could be just small adjustment to the key freq.
During chorus I think there is room to make band louder and still keep lead voc up front.
And at the end those parts without lead voc you could boost instruments.
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.