Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart Of My Home Mix
Just a Quick Mix gave myslef an hour to do this. Inputs Welcomed.

.mp3    MattSzlachetka_HeartOfMyHomeTown.mp3 --  (Download: 9.14 MB)

Definitely a brighter vocal centric mix, made me consider mine might be a little dark even. Didn't care for the lead vox drowning in reverb at the end and thought the guitar solo was too prominent. For my taste, drums seemed a little underwhelming, especially the snare
(21-09-2019, 06:42 PM)bh_trade Wrote: Definitely a brighter vocal centric mix, made me consider mine might be a little dark even. Didn't care for the lead vox drowning in reverb at the end and thought the guitar solo was too prominent. For my taste, drums seemed a little underwhelming, especially the snare
Thank you so much. Would definitely re work on the elements you said.

I would agree with the guitar solo level being out of context. As for the brightness, it does not concern me but for considering the intent of the artist. This is a rather dark recording so you need to consider the possibility that should be reflected in the mix. That kind of decision is tough when you have no feedback from the artist.

As for the reverb/echo at the end, I like the idea. Maybe too much echo which makes it sound maybe a bit 'cartoonish'? I did my reverb trick at the start but I like your idea a lot.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]