Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Like You Do MaxMix
Enjoy, comments welcome

.mp3    Like You Do.mp3 --  (Download: 11.32 MB)

Very good mix.Love the vox.Love it all, its so easy and nice on the ear.Superb
thank you very much Alan

Yeah. Sounds pretty good. Maybe the drums are too compressed and controlled? Some slight aggression and chaos against the sweetness of the vocals could be a good thing. My only gut reactions is wanting some more bass. Then I remember there is no bass in this song. So arrangement-wise the foundation is missing. I think the mix could find a way to fill in that hole but everything else is 'right' so I wouldn't worry or risk re-doing anything to make that happen.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for listening and commenting Roy. I barely used any compression on drums (3dB reduction max), I think the drummer is using brushes or bundles. I agree with you on the bass, I have a subharmonic generator on it but I backed it down so it was subtle. Maybe that needs a little more juice.
Not pushed nor dragging along. This one is effortlessly powered along by it's own kinetic energy. Real Nice Old Pro! Tastefully executed.
I agree with RoyMatthews in that a bit of aggression could be added. Overall the mix sounds a tad bit safe. Like Bruce Springsteen said to Bob Clearmountain - "The mix is too good."
Nobody cares what plugins you use, it's only what comes out of the speakers that matters.
(18-01-2020, 05:14 AM)Eastwood Wrote: I agree with RoyMatthews in that a bit of aggression could be added. Overall the mix sounds a tad bit safe. Like Bruce Springsteen said to Bob Clearmountain - "The mix is too good."

Um, thanks?
You’re welcome, good mix!
Nobody cares what plugins you use, it's only what comes out of the speakers that matters.
sound shaping is a bit weak.Instruments are under the vocal .That does not mean mix will be perfect.Every instruments should be hear clearly.You can do it man .Shine your mix .