Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROCK/METAL PRODUCER ATTEMPTS TO MIX EDM : Got Your Love (BCS Mix)
I, 95% of the time, mix 'instrument-based' music like rock, metal, sometimes pop and singer-songwriter. I don't even listen to EDM, but I'm running out of stuff to mix, and decided to expand my boundaries a little bit. The weird thing about this mix is that when I first imported the tracks in, most of them were very loud, some were already clipping without any processing on. Is this normal for the genre, because most tracks are already 'processed'?. It may not be very good, or very EDM-ish sounding, I honestly don't know because I hove nothing as a reference. I will have to rely on your feedback this time!

.m4a    Got Your Love (BCS Mix 3).m4a --  (Download: 6.28 MB)

(16-09-2019, 02:58 PM)bcs_mix Wrote: I, 95% of the time, mix 'instrument-based' music like rock, metal, sometimes pop and singer-songwriter. I don't even listen to EDM, but I'm running out of stuff to mix, and decided to expand my boundaries a little bit. The weird thing about this mix is that when I first imported the tracks in, most of them were very loud, some were already clipping without any processing on. Is this normal for the genre, because most tracks are already 'processed'?. It may not be very good, or very EDM-ish sounding, I honestly don't know because I hove nothing as a reference. I will have to rely on your feedback this time!

I found that most tracks here are never at a usable level, I either use my gain trim, or edit the levels of the tracks directly (or both).

Nice sound.. Good luck.
Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
(17-09-2019, 03:08 AM)Mongo Wrote: I found that most tracks here are never at a usable level, I either use my gain trim, or edit the levels of the tracks directly (or both).

Nice sound.. Good luck.

Thanks, Mongo. Yes I spent more time gain-staging each file than mixing them, haha. By the way, 'here' as in this site, or just this song/genre in general? I frequent this site a lot, but have never been in this EDM side of it. Most tracks in rock/pop/metal sections are kinda well-gain-staged, it's just not very likely to find a well performed and/or well recorded ones.