Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wesley Morgan: Flesh and Bone
Hi Guys!

This is the first mix I've posted to the forum. Smile

Just a quick mix I did of this beautiful tune, so niccce!

It would be great to hear some feedback on this as I'm pretty new to mixing and want to keep improving!

Cheerrss,
Danny

.mp3    49 Wesley Morgan - Flesh and Bone 1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.52 MB)

Had a problem uploading the mp3 so here's a link to the mp3 on Dropbox : https://www.dropbox.com/s/hhlgnwghz3gwjj...20Bone.mp3
You can go back to first post and make a full edit of the post if you want to attach it as a playable file here.
Anyway Im downloadin it now.

Thats interesting. Just listened to another mix of a punk song, and its the lower one in the attached picture. Your mix is the upper.
The perceived loudnes is nowhere near the difrence in how loud the audio seem from that picture.
The strange thing is your mix sounds closer and somehow louder. Very interesting
Of course your mix doesnt have a kick to handle, only the floor bas, whch you put a little behind in the mix, so the deep VU consumin frequencies are not so present in your mix, makin the midfrequencies havin more headrom.

For the mix:
It sounds full, warm and yet clear. Its a mix I would be proud of. Maybe you didnt do much to the raw tracks, maybe you did, but it doesnt show any sideeffects if you did.
To put it short I really like your breathin mix, and its a pleasure to just hear the 2bus mix with no limitin.
Congrats on great work !

Thumbnail(s)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Aha! I've managed to get the playable file in now, thanks Smile

And thank you very much for your kind feedback!
The raw tracks were really well recorded so I didn't need to do too much: a little bit of EQ, compression, reverb and delay here and there.